Friday, May 27, 2011

Teacher Gifts

Even though I had a bad attitude about the kids' school and their teachers over the last school year, I still felt it was important to thank the teachers for the time they did spend with the kids. I don't want anyone to think that I am in any way unappreciative of teachers. They have a very difficult job and even the best of teachers struggle within the confines of the public school process, the regulations, and the oversight of school administrators. I think if teachers were left alone to teach, our schools would be far better. (But that's maybe another blog for another time.)

Nick and Emma both had some good experiences with teachers this last year and wanted to show their thanks to them. Knowing that teachers don't need more tchotchkies, we decided to purchase Starbucks gift cards for them. To make the gift a bit more personal, I crocheted a "cup cozy" for each teacher as well. It makes the cup look "cute" and also saves the waste of the paper cozy provided with a hot drink. We dropped the gift card inside the cup, added the cozy, and wrote the teacher's names on the outside like it was a drink order. The kids both said the gifts were well received.

I wonder if this time next year the kids will want to give me a teacher gift?
For a free pattern to make your own cup cozy, click HERE.
Note: The pattern calls for "ch40" ... I found "ch31" to be the right size.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!